Wings Fund

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Buffalo Wild Wings Visit #1

Having the day off on a Saturday; that's something that happens to me very rarely. Well, a couple of months ago I actually had a Saturday off and decided to head to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch that day. I went with two "standard" sauces and one from their "Sauce Labs" line. And I was very satisfied with all three!

SWEET BBQ




Flavor Description From the Menu: Traditional BBQ sauce: Satisfyingly Sweet

Sweet BBQ is easily one of my favorite sauces at Buffalo Wild Wings. It has a great combination of BBQ spice and sweetness that leaves you craving more once it's gone.


SAUCE LABS: BOURBON STREET HONEY MUSTARD






I'm always interested in limited time flavors. What can I say? I'm a fan of novelty. So I decided to give this concoction from the Sauce Lab a try. I'm not usually big on honey mustard flavored foods, but this was combined with a bourbon sauce which I enjoy every so often when I order Chinese food. And what a combination it was! The honey, mustard and bourbon flavors all melded perfectly. I'd like to see this one come back as a permanent menu addition.


MILD






Flavor Description From the Menu: Classic wing sauce: High flavor, low heat

 I appreciate a good Mild sauce when it comes to wings. I believe they are usually a good barometer for the quality of the sauces available at a restaurant. And the Mild sauce at Buffalo Wild Wings is a damn good one. "High flavor, low heat" is a very good description. In fact, I think it may be the perfect amount of heat for a sauce of this nature. Easily one of my favorites anywhere!  

No comments:

Post a Comment