Wings Fund

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Two Visits To The OffCenter Grill

Recently my family and I have become acquainted with a restaurant called The OffCenter Grill. For those who may not be familiar, this is a casual dining restaurant located at the YorkTowne Hotel in Downtown York. And while a good portion of their menu is more on the upscale side, a couple of the times we went I saw that they were offering wings as an appetizer. So of course I had to give them a try.

BUFFALO


The first time I ordered the wings, I decided to go with traditional Buffalo style sauce. And unfortunately, I was pretty disappointed by them. They were nice sized wings and cooked very well. But they were lightly sauced and, as a result, not very flavorful. The sauce itself, what little of it I found, was actually very bland and didn't have a lot of heat to it like a good Buffalo wing sauce should. But of course I gladly finished them all off. You know me, I'm not one to pass up wings regardless of sauce quality.

BBQ


A week or so later, we found ourselves at The OffCenter Grill once again and I saw wings were once again being offered as an appetizer. I decided to give them another try and this time I went with the BBQ sauce. As you can see by the above picture, there was no shortage of sauce on these wings. And it's a great quality BBQ sauce, perfect combination of sweetness and spice. The next time I see them as an option, I think sticking with BBQ will be the best option.

I definitely recommend giving The OffCenter Grill a look for dinner. More information and the menu can be found at their website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment